First of all, I want to thank Brittany Marie Reads for nominating me! 🙂 I’m so excited to participate in this!
For those of you who are not familiar with it, the Liebster Award was created as a way to discover new blogs and it has the added benefit of helping readers get to know a little more about those bloggers by answering some questions.
I’ve come across quite a few of these posts and each one has different rules so I’m just going to go ahead and go with the ones that Brittany posted.
1) Nominate ten blogs and let them know you have nominated them
2) Each nominee must have under 1000 followers
3) Provide a link to the blog that nominated you
4) Answer the questions that they have provided for you
5) Create ten new questions for the blogs that you have nominated
6) Create a post that includes all of this information
brittanymariereads asked me the following questions: (Great questions by the way!)
1. If you could choose any finished series to come out with one more book which series would you choose?
I would go with the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I was happy with how it ended, but I think an update on how things have gone for the characters since it ended would be great! 🙂
2. If you could choose any series to become a television show which series would you choose?
I would love to see Of Breakable Things by A. Lynden Rolland on TV. It’s such a beautiful book, but it has a complicated storyline that I think would be better suited as a television show as opposed to a movie. There’s only one book as of now, but Ms. Rolland is already working on the 2nd book in the series and I cannot wait!!
3. Which character do you think was poorly cast in a movie based on a book? And who would you have cast instead?
This is a tough one, but I think I’ll have to go with Neil Patrick Harris as Desi in Gone Girl. Now before anyone starts throwing rocks at me lol, I do love his work! I loved him in How I Met Your Mother and in the Harold and Kumar movies, but not in this. I think it’s because it is such an incredibly serious dark-themed book/movie and I couldn’t get past the fact that I’ve only seen him in comedies. I just wasn’t into it. I did love the movie though! I think I would have preferred Ben Foster for that role.
4. Which character death was the hardest to deal with and why?
It would be *SPOILER* Tris from the Divergent series. I was so crushed, because she was one of my favorite characters and I found that ending to be the worst ending in the history of humanity.
5. If you could spend the day in any fictional world which world would it be?
I would want to be in the same world that occurs in The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Angels and demons and humans interacting? Yes, please! Without me dying…preferably.
6. Imagine that you can have any fictional character “guest star” in a fictional world other than its own. Which character would you choose? Which world would you have them appear in? Why?
I would have Celaena from the Throne of Glass series living in the Game of Thrones series, because I think she would be a total badass and change that world for the better.
7. Which character do you most identify with?
This is a hard one to answer since there have been quite a few, but I would choose Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone because she is so spunky and feisty and funny. Idk I just adore her.
8. If you could choose any book or series to come out with a companion cookbook that contained recipes for food and drinks mentioned in the book which would you choose?
Without a doubt, I would choose Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec. The treats that were made by the main character just about had me licking the book lol.
9. If you could choose any book or series to be turned into a video game which would you choose?
I think the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle would be pretty fun to play. I can see myself trying to fight otherworldly dangerous creatures.
10. If you could choose any supporting character to get their own book or series who would you choose?
I’d really like to get in the head of Adam from the Shatter Me series even though there is a novella with his POV. His character started off so strongly and I’d really love to see him get his own series.
Okay, I hope my answers weren’t ridiculously long for ya’ll (Yes, I said “ya’ll” I’m from Texas people). Anyway, I nominate the following 10 blogs:
My questions for you all are:
1) What is a book that you can read over and over again and never get tired of it?
2) Which book do you think has a gorgeous cover?
3) What is your favorite book-to-film adaptation and why?
4) Why did you start blogging about books?
5) Who is your favorite author and why?
6) How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
7) When you are at the bookstore or library, what is it that captures your attention and makes you buy a particular book?
8) If you could assume the role of a particular character, who would it be and why?
9) In your honest opinion, which book was over-hyped but left you disappointed?
10) How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?