I love these tags! Thank you to Aira Reads for tagging me in The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag and to Erika in Bookventureland for tagging me in the More Happy Than Not tag!! Both amazing blogs – make sure to give them a follow!
I decided to add them both together here so that I wouldn’t bombard you all with posts since I still have to post my Friday Finds segment.
THE SECRET LIFE OF A BOOK BLOGGER
1. How long have you been a blogger?
I’m still somewhat of a baby blogger. I created this blog back in January, but I didn’t use it that much because school was a killer so I didn’t have much time to devote to it. I didn’t start regularly using it until around May.
2. At what point do you think you will stop?
I don’t really plan on stopping. I enjoy blogging and meeting new people. I understand life gets in the way sometimes and that I may need to take a few hiatuses here and there.
3. What is the best thing?
I love seeing everyone’s opinions. I think it’s fascinating how several people can read the same book, but think entirely different things about it. I just like seeing what goes on in people’s minds…
4. What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
I guess it’s when people follow a blog only so that you can follow back and then they unfollow lol. It sounds stupid but it irks me because I love following back. I do it for the purpose of genuinely seeing what that other person posts and to, hopefully, get to develop a friendship of sorts. I don’t care about how many followers I have, but I appreciate every single one.
5. How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
I’m pretty picky so it can take me several minutes of searching for the one that’ll work just right!
6. Who is your book crush?
If I named them all we’d be here all day, but a few are:
Camden McQueen (The Artist’s Trilogy), Travis Maddox (Beautiful Disaster), and Silas (Never Never).
7. What author would you like to have on your blog?
Ahhhh this is so hard, but I’d love to talk to Karina Halle and Sarah J. Maas
8. What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
9. How long does it take you to prepare?
Roughly about an hour to get my review to not sound like a bunch of gibberish.
10. How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?
I love it! I admire the way that people don’t judge others based on their reading tastes. I have had great conversations with other bloggers even if we have opposing opinions about a particular book. There has been no animosity or ridicule. I hope it never changes.
11. What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
I’m not entirely sure. I’m not certain my blog would constitute a “successful” blog. My novice advice would be to just be as civil as you can be. Get to know the people who follow you and whom you follow. Make sure to post frequently enough that people can know your blog is active. Make your blog professional yet personal. What I mean by that is to make it look nice – as if you actually put time and effort into it – but at the same time make sure that it shows the world who you are. You don’t want it to be a carbon copy of a million other blogs. Make yourself stand out! 🙂
12. Who do you tag?
All of my followers!! Yes, you who are reading this now! 🙂
MORE HAPPY THAN NOT TAG
This tag encourages you to state the things -whether big or small- that make you happy! It was created by Bookish and Awesome
Here are the following rules:
(1) answer the question “What makes you more happy than not?”, (2) link back to this post (so I can read your entry) or to the person who tagged you, and (3) have FUN.
- My dogs – who I adore – make me more happy than not!
- My friends who have dealt with my ups and downs and terrible PMS days make me more happy than not lol.
- Books that manage to quiet the problems running through my mind and immerse me into a wonderful creative world make me more happy than not.
- Knowing that my future career will allow me to help others in need and that I’ll be able to change their lives for the better makes me more happy than not.
- Knowing that my future career will also give me the opportunity to travel all over the world makes me more happy than not.
- Hot Cheetos make me more happy than not.
- Music makes me more happy than not!
- Volunteering for various organizations that promote health or benefit a charity makes me more happy than not.
- Authors who dedicate their lives towards writing magnificent stories make me more happy than not.
- People who unselfishly give and devote their time and energy towards making this world a better place make me more happy than not.
Once again, I tag all of my followers to answer what makes you more happy than not! 🙂