Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
Holy cow!! This book was freakin awesome!!
I loved everything about this book! I, honestly, cannot believe that I put off reading it for so long.
I remember considering it on several occasions, but, I don’t know, I just wasn’t feeling the synopsis I guess…?
Prior to Cinder, I had not read a cyborg book before so I didn’t really know if I would like it or not. I saw that it was available for like the first time ever at my library and I checked it out.
I’m obsessed with the covers for all the books in the series so that was definitely a motivating factor for me!
I couldn’t put this book down! Which was not a good thing since I was right in the middle of finals! lol I knew I should have been studying instead, but well the book was so much more entertaining than Statistics or Human Anatomy…
Anyway, let me just sum up some of my favorite parts although it’s hard to narrow all of them down since I don’t have a single complaint about his book!
#1. The characters were fantastic!!
- Cinder is such a badass! I love her! I’m cyborg-crushing on her..HARD! She has made the list of one of my favorite heroines. She is such an enigmatic character. She can be sweet one second and tough the next. I love characters that have different layers to them!
- I so desperately want my own Iko! She is adorable!
- And, of course, I cannot leave out Prince Kai who is not at all how you’d expect a prince to be and I mean that in a good way lol.
- Even the antagonists throughout the book were so well-written that it tied the whole story together very neatly.
#2. The plot is incredibly unique!
- Cinder is a one-of-a-kind type of book. It has a lot of originality to it which I really appreciated!
- It is a retelling of Cinderella, but it is done in such a way that it doesn’t even feel like your typical retelling.
- I, especially, loved how everything was different: the characters’ personalities, the setting, the time period, and certain circumstances.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am already planning on purchasing the entire series in hardcover. I need those beauties on my bookshelf!
Final verdict: 5 stars!!
Add to your TBR: